10.18.2010

MY FIRST POST--Summary of Qualifications

Hi, I’m Duane. You may be wondering, who is this guy and what are his qualifications for giving Life Lessons. Great question. Here we go: I am a happy, healthy, energetic, enthusiastic, motivating, fun-loving, creative, innovative, problem solver. I’m 49 years old. I was born and raised in Washington State. I’ve lived in several different states but I love my home in Washington most of all.

I’ve had 28 different jobs that I can remember. I’ve worked in food service, janitorial, construction, retail, auto maintenance, landscaping, US Marine Corps, accounting, science, and research. I’ve been self-employed and I’ve worked for others. I prefer working for somebody else; less risk and fewer headaches.

I believe I’m a good teacher because I find it easy to see things from another person’s perspective, therefore making it easy for me to teach based on what you know and what you want to learn, rather than pushing my point of view until you get it. I’ve also been told I’m a good motivator, and I have seen signs of that in the people around me.

Hmm, what should I do with these gifts God has given me? That’s why I started this blog. I had planned to write a book as a way of sharing my wisdom with the world. But I know me, I would spend months (years!?) on it, trying to get every word on every page just perfect. I would write, read, and re-read, edit, and re-edit till I went bonkers. Eventually, maybe, I would finish it and be able to share it with you (for a price!?) in 2015. I think everybody will agree, being able to read short blog posts on a regular basis (for free!) is the way to go! :)

So that’s me in about 350 words. Intrigued, aren’t you? LOL Stay tuned. My goal is to post AT LEAST once a week, but I really want to do 2-3 per week. Please share my posts with your friends (think: Facebook, Twitter) with the little widgets at the bottom of each post. Having millions of readers will motivate me like nobody’s business!

Now go take on the day!
Peace, out.

Check out Duane's YouTube Channel 

7 comments:

  1. Cool, looking forward to seeing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog and great first post Duane, I'm sure you will eventually have thousands for followers.

    Can't wait for more.

    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to this Duane. You have a great outlook on life and a really unique way of looking at things. I think this is going to be really neat!!!

    Anyway, welcome to the Blog world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog Duane. Interesting, concise and easy to read. Keep it up. BTW, am also a fan of your YouTube channel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Duane great video. i was just wondering if u would blog something on yyour faith. I'm sure alot of people wonder what u believe in. I know i do.

    ReplyDelete