10.26.2010

Million Year Old Health Secret

Question: What is the most important nutrient for the human body?
Answer: Water
 
The human body is 2/3 water. Your blood is 83% water. Your brain is 90% water. It’s a fact that you can’t function properly if you don’t drink enough water. Water is necessary for every bodily function and for alertness, concentration, and thinking. It helps carry essential nutrients to all our cells, aids in circulation, digestion, metabolism, and waste removal. Throughout the day, we are constantly losing water through sweating, urination, and evaporation. That water must be replaced.

Drinking water may seem boring at first, but look at these AMAZING BENEFITS of drinking water--

Makes your skin look and feel better
Increases energy and endurance

Helps your brain think more clearly
Keeps your muscles and joints lubricated for better mobility and efficiency
Can cure headaches, muscle aches, hunger, and fatigue
Flushes disease causing toxins from your body
Makes you feel healthier and improves your mood


How much do we need to drink? The average-sized person requires 2 to 3 quarts of water a day. You can get some of your water through the foods you eat. For example, if you are eating 5-8 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables daily, then you are getting about one quart of water through your food.

Unfortunately, caffeinated drinks don’t count. In fact, for every cup of coffee and for every soda you drink, you need to drink an equal amount of water, just to compensate for the water lost due to the effects of caffeine. The same goes for caffeinated tea and alcohol.

Soda Facts: The amount of sugar in soda definitely packs on the pounds. If you are a regular soda drinker, you can replace your soda with water, and in one year, you will lose approximately 40-50 pounds! Also, did you know that diet soda has been proven to actually increase your appetite? All soda depletes calcium from your bones. 


Here’s my formula--
I drink a 12-ounce glass of water first thing in the morning when I get out of bed.
Then I have a cup of coffee.
I sip water throughout the day.
I have another cup of coffee about 9:00 am.
I drink water with lunch.
I fill my 24-ounce water bottle before I leave work and I finish it on my drive home.
I drink water, milk, or 100% fruit juice with dinner.

I continue to sip water until I go to bed.

I rarely drink soda, but sometimes I want something sweet so I will have a soda instead of candy.

I don’t buy bottled water. I have a Britta filter water picture and a stainless steel water bottle that always goes with me. When I’m at home, I sip water from a glass.

If water is just too boring for you, try adding a slice of lemon, lime, or cucumber to your water. It’s good! There are also flavored drink mix packets that you can add to a glass or bottle of water. I don’t use them, but they are becoming very popular.

Bottom line: Be smart, be healthy, drink water!

Peace, out.

Check out Duane’s YouTube Channel

1 comment: